WorkSquare is currently hiring for an LPN for the state of Indiana. The LPN will also direct and coordinate patient care and clinical supervision of support staff. The LPN will assess patient health problems and needs, develop, and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. LPN, 12H days, 6:30a-7:30pm, 1/2 hour lunch
The LPN will also direct and coordinate patient care and clinical supervision of support staff. The LPN will
assess patient health problems and needs, develop, and implement nursing care plans, and maintain
A Day in the Life:
• The essential functions of this role are as follows:
• Prioritizes and organizes the daily care of patients.
• Makes patient care assignments and assist in creating treatment plans in collaboration with other clinical staff.
• Provides ongoing assessment and documentation of the patients' physical and psychosocial status from admission to discharge.
• Direct support staff to coordinate the workflow on the unit and communicate problems to unit supervisors.
• Administer medications and treatments according to hospital policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements nursing care pians for acute medical problems.
• Complete medication administration supervision monitors and clinical observation notes for support staff.
• Completes required documentation of nursing notes, transfer forms, and other records
• Educate patients and family members regarding medication, procedures, and treatment goals and objectives.
• Respond and intervene in emergency situations and agitated patients.
• Provide orientation and support to staff to the unit.
• Responsible for ensuring the proper safety and infection control standards are met for the unit.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time.
What We're Looking For:
What You'll Need for Success:
• Associate degree in Nursing from an accredited college.
• License to practice nursing in the State of Indiana as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Must hold and maintain a CPR certification.
• Must stay current with behavioral intervention training.
• Proficiency in computer skills and ability to learn other programs used in maintaining electronic medical records.
• Good interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills.
This individual will be expected to partner with agency personnel and related stakeholders
working towards completion of assigned functions. Exceptional customer service. is provided
to agency partners and/or the general public.
Depending on the duties performed or environment setting, frequent walking, standing, climbing stairs or ladders, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and/or similar movements may be involved.
This role requires above average strength when restraining one or more patients or offenders
as per departmental policy and procedure.
This role requires keen observational and hearing skills to stay alert for possible dangerous
This role requires the ability to lift patients and push wheelchairs in some cases.
This role requires the ability to lift/transport items greater than 50 lbs. with or without the
assistance of equipment.
This role requires the ability to run short distances to provide immediate care, protection, or
attention to patients or offenders.
There is potential for exposure to hazardous materials on site and/or in the lab.
Operations may require this role to be available after hours (on-call) and/or work rotating
shifts, evenings and weekends, or irregular hours.
There is potential for exposure to infectious diseases in this role.
This role may experience periods of high stress and/or pressure.
This role performs work in a state operated hospital facility.
This role requires a high level of attention and safety due to work activities having risk of
injury or loss of life.
This role requires the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Driving for Results
- Showing Care and Understanding